Home > Sustainability > Charitable Giving
DRS Technologies believes that a successful corporate culture must include being a good corporate citizen. Our employees annually volunteer thousands of hours in time and talent to support many charitable initiatives throughout the world. The company provides grants to causes that reflect its commitment to our United States Armed Forces, the health and education of children, and community and civic causes that improve the quality of life in our DRS site communities.
In addition, DRS Technologies and its employees have rapidly responded to natural disasters, supporting numerous relief programs at home and abroad, offering financial assistance to help those in critical need.
DRS Technologies provides philanthropic support to organizations and charities that meet published qualifications and guidelines.
Qualifications & Guidelines
DRS Technologies is committed to supporting initiatives and programs that benefit the following areas:
An organization requesting support must be a not-for-profit organization in the United States that is tax exempt under the IRS 501(c)(3) and 509 (a)(1), (2) or (3) codes.
- Members of the United States Armed Forces and their families
- Improving the education of children
- Health and Welfare Programs
- Community and Civic Organizations serving DRS site communities
- Disaster Relief
DRS Technologies gives preference to regional projects that serve the broader community in locations where we have major facilities.
DRS Technologies will not consider requests from or for the following:
- Organizations, or events sponsored by organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or nationality
- Individuals or families
- Religious, fraternal, political or athletic organizations
- Basic research projects
- General operating expenses
- School affiliated sports, orchestras, bands, choirs, drama groups, yearbooks or scholarships (outside of the DRS employee scholarship program)
- Organizations whose mission is solely outside of the U.S
The company welcomes requests for support throughout the year within the guidelines and program areas set forth. We do not consider multi-year requests for support. Grant requests should be submitted in the form of a letter using organizational letterhead. E-mail requests are also welcomed. To be considered, the request must include the following elements:
- A brief description of the organization, its mission and population served.
- Information indicative of the organization's current support structure, such as a listing of board members and other contributors who have found the organization's operations worthy of financial support.
- Cash amount, or specific items and/or services requested, and the intended use.
- Information on the expected outcome of the project or program, and how this outcome will be measured.
- Copy of organization's IRC 501(c)(3) letter or other documentation substantiating tax exemption status.
Other Important Information
- DRS Technologies reviews grant requests on an ongoing basis. There are no deadlines for submission. We will respond to your request within four-to-six weeks of receipt of your organization's request. We do not respond to telephone follow-ups. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Please do not send videos, CDs, books, or binders. If we would like to review additional support materials based on your initial letter of request, we will contact you to request them.
- Please note that an approval of a grant one year does not establish entitlement to contributions in the future, nor to a similar organization.
- All organizations receiving grants from DRS Technologies must have a W-9 form on file. If your organization receives a grant, you will be required to complete a W-9 form.
Since the company receives funding requests far in excess of its annual grants program budget, it must often decline support to worthy organizations and programs. Such a response does not reflect in any way a negative appraisal of the prospective organization or the value of its services.
For additional information regarding DRS Technologies charitable initiatives, or to submit a sponsorship request, please send written requests and supporting materials to:
DRS Technologies, Inc.
2345 Crystal Drive, Suite 1000
Arlington VA, 22202 USA